Thursday, June 18, 2009

fm radio interview

Today I had my first FM radio interview. It's very different doing a morning zoo show than a talk-radio show. All my other interviews have been 30 minutes and were on talk-radio. The pace was slow, relaxed, and inquisitive. On this Morning Zoo-type show, the pace was fast, the cracks were wise, and the tone was humorous. It was only 10 minutes but I felt like I said more in this interview than in any other.

I am planing a trip to China now to investigate and apply for a Ph.D program in Oriental Medicine. My wife is going to do it as well. I just received the review texts that we need to study for the entrance exam. They are from China, but the translation is not to bad. We will be in China for 6 days in August. We are going to Guangzhou, which is in the South of China, latitudinally equal to Mexico City but much more humid. The climate is going to be rough; air conditioning is not yet the norm.

I attended my first board meeting of the Illinois Acupuncture Board. There are only four acupuncturists on this advisory board to the state, and I am honored to be one of them. The meeting was very official and well-run. I think I will learn a lot from this experience. If history is any precedent, I may be on this board for 10 years or more.

Today is supposed to me a Maddy-Daddy day, but I have to go in to the office to administer a few acupuncture treatments. Lisa, our associate, had to leave town, so I am covering for her. What was going to be one patient has ballooned to four, but I will still have most of the day to play with my daughter. Nanna is going to help by taking Maddie to the park while I treat.

It's a beautiful day, so we're going out for a walk. I hope everyone has a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment