Saturday, February 21, 2009

Well, I guess I'm not a very good blogger, having taken 2 weeks off since my last post. Right now I am between patients in my Wilmette office, A Center for Oriental Medicine, www.acfom.com. I am re-reading The Web that has no Weaver, by Ted Kaptchuk. It was the first book I read on acupuncture some 12 years ago. Ted wrote it as he returned from China and had just learned all about chinese medicine. He updated the book after practicing for 20 years. I am interested to see how his insights have changed. I also have to get re-familiar with it since it is the textbook that I will be teaching from when I teach my intro to Oriental medicine class in May.

I am also thinking about what I will tell the medical staff when I present Grand Rounds at UIC medical center. I have an hour to present, am and not sure what is best to tell the docs. Maybe about the theory, the research, the integration. I have a month to prepare the power point.

And I'm starting to think about how I am going to promote my book when it comes out. "The Asian Diet: Simple secrets for eating right, losing weight, and being well" is due to be in stores April 13th. I need to hire a press agent and start promoting it in the next month or so. I don't know anything about selecting a press agent, so I will have to learn.

Well, I have to go pull needles from a patient. Stay tuned. The excitement never ends.
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment