Friday, December 3, 2010

excerpts from a very nice letter to me about The Asian Diet

"I have just completed* The Asian Diet and wanted to tell  you that, in my opinion, this is one of the most important books I have ever read in my 76 years,  I use the word "completed" because I believe it was just that - a course of study and understanding of the principles you present....As a survivor of five (5) types of cancer (it runs in my family on both sides) and a long-time diabetic with A1C readings usually around 5.4, I have always tried to surround myself with positive energy and maintain good eating habits...As an avid fan of Asian cooking, I am absolutely delighted to know that my penchant for Japanese noodles and white rice can once again be on my grocery list. ... I am so glad you included the section on green tea in your book, because I started drinking at least 6 to 8, 8-oz. glasses each day since in my early 30's, when I had my first encounter with cancer.  I love the ritual of loose leaf tea.  Since reading (and rereading) your book, I have lost a total of seven pounds...I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for such a marvelous book.  I am a native of Chicago and only wish I had had knowledge of you before I moved.  
 
Most Sincerely, Susan V" (full name withheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment