Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Job offer

My wife and I were just offered professorships and/or research positions at the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine.  This is contingent on our completing our PhD's of course.  Apparently our visiting professors from China were impressed enough with our entire class, that upon their return they reported to their administrators that they should try to solicit us all to be professors.  I don't know what I think about this yet.  All my family is here and I would be at least 24 hours away if I needed to see them.  I don't know what I would do with my practice and my house.  I don't know how it would be for my daughter (the air quality in Guangzhou is not great).  But it could be a great opportunity for us. 

I would love to become a professor at an American university someday (teaching undergrads about Chinese understanding of and recommendations for health, and teaching med students about the paradigm).  A year or two of teaching at the University in Guangzhou could make that goal more attainable.  I don't know yet.  I am just excited at the offer an decided to share that with the world. 

Be Well,

oh, and read my book The Asian Diet

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment